Monday 28 July 2014

Outward Bound



So my boss said to me a couple weeks ago " Hey Warren, do you want to go to the South Island for an adventure training course" ..........."sure why not" I replied.

I have just finished the course, it was -3 most nights, PT training was 5:40am, followed by a slippery run on the icy tracks, which was followed a by swim in the ocean, no warm showers allowed. It involved bush wacking, boat rowing, endurance runs, mountain climbing, survival techniques and a shit load of thermals. Sometimes I was in a group of 12 sometimes we were left for our "solos". Everyday was full on from start to finish. Was mentally and physically challenging, never been so cold in my life, was often cursing my boss in my head. But once It was all done I am weirdly missing it. Learnt so many survival skills, made some new friends and learnt a  few new things about myself.















                                                      Boat camping frost

                                                       Jellys


                                                          3 thermal tops and bottoms, 2 fleece jerseys, fleece pants, 2 beanies,                                                               gloves, thermal socks, rain proof trousers, jacket...........still cold 
                                                              Love Heights...............:l


Made a Video of another South Island trip if anyone is keen, stoked on how it came out. Check it out at this link http://vimeo.com/100007628

No comments:

Post a Comment